Records show a chapel in the area in 1474 but this was for an appeal to carry out repairs. Clearly these were not undertaken as in 1484 records state “the chapel is now in ruins” The chapel probably stood were the chancel is today in All Saints church in its present form. Many curious features adorn the present church and may be due to the use of reclaimed stone from the old chapel.
|Then and Now|
|Village Design Statement|